- Valentine menu Sevilla | Valentine dinner Sevilla | Valentine Romantic Dinner
- Cirque du Soleil opens the doors of the exhibition TOTEM, Behind the scenes en Sevilla
- 27 Cycle Theater and Theater School in Alameda, Seville. Programming
- The Archbishop Palace in Seville will run from September
- night visits to the palace of the Dueñas – Seville
- The Palacio de las Dueñas in Seville opened its doors to the public
- AndaluNet in the Holy Week in Seville
- Night views dramatized in the Real Alcázar de Sevilla
Corpus Christi Sevilla
CORPUS CHRISTI SEVILLA 2017
Corpus Christi's Day is a local holiday in Seville and some towns in the province. Always celebrated on a Thursday, so it has no place on a fixed date and year 2017 will be on Thursday 15 June. A procession leaving the Cathedral is celebrated.
For the Corpus Christi procession in the streets of Seville itinerary are carpeted with rosemary and other herbs. Its most notable feature is the Custody carved by Juan de Arfe 1578, Silver magnificent architectural work. Accompany the various steps Custody, such as the Saints Justa and Rufina; Passage of San Isidoro, Paso de San Leandro, all work Duque Cornejo (eighteenth century); Passage of San Fernando, Pedro Roldán (seventeenth century); Passage of the Immaculate Conception, Alonso Martínez (seventeenth century) and Paso del Niño Jesus, Martinez Montanes (seventeenth century).
In the procession and during the next seven days you can admire one of the oldest traditions and peculiar city: dancing and singing before the Blessed Sixes; of which no record from the fifteenth century. For this occasion they are dressed in red and white.
Origins of Corpus Christi in Seville
The origins of the Feast of Corpus must be sought in the Middle Ages when they began to spread throughout Europe the Eucharistic heresies, namely , those who were beginning to doubt the real presence of the Body of Christ in the consecrated host.
In 1264 Pope Urban IV, instituted for the Universal Church "Feast of the Body of God" with bula “Pass out of this world”
This ceremony had to be confirmed on several occasions and indeed, The Council of Trent in 1551, he returned to the festival and also adds a sense of manifestation of the triumph of Truth over Heresy.
The beginnings are not clear, there are certain data like that in 1317 Pope John XXII instituted the procession but are no longer as clear dates for when it really starts to be held the ceremony and much less with the concurrence As is currently the two councils, municipal and catedralicio.
What if you can confirm is that in the beginning the function began with the celebration of some offices in the Chapel of the Cathedral and transfer of the Blessed Sacrament in the monstrance standing in the choir of the Cathedral followed by a procession through the city streets.
From the beginning an "official" organization warns on the feast of Corpus in Seville, composed by a deputation of both Councils for implementation and other "popular" institutionalized through the guilds and brotherhoods.
The heyday of the Party were the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries, with exaggerated theatrical elements religiosity result of how society lived moment. For this audience, reality itself was confirmed by the spectacle he saw: saints, monsters and giants. The presence of the visible image made intellectual superfluous demonstration of the truth of what is represented.
After the Council of Trent gradually tried to suppress all alien elements and dramatic in order to raise the theological culture of the people and with the passage of time these representations representations were increasingly controlled by the official party, to the extent that for example in the seventeenth century Bishop Palafox, It causes a conflict with the Cabildo Secular and the people in general to ban inside the Cathedral of six traditional dances and Giants.
Finally, the Party has been increasingly loading a strictly religious spirit, which is what we see today and remains one of the functions of the year in which the faithful attend in greater numbers in an impressive atmosphere of respect and faith.
CORPUS CHRISTI PROCESSION STEPS SEVILLA :
– St. Angela de la Cruz.
– Santas Justa y Rufina: The two holy argue Triana the Giralda.
– San Isidoro: Bishop also wears like his brother. In one of his hands and wears a bártulo other, the Etymologies.
– San Leandro: Brother of San Isidoro, Vista Obispo.
– San Fernando: Take ermine cape and crown. Porta sword and globe, both synonyms of power and justice.
– Immaculate Conception: It is attributed to Martinez Montanes.
– Child Jesus: As above it is also Montanes.
– Reliquary of the Holy Thorn (Custody Girl): It has two different bodies. In the first, one carrying a monstrance relic of the Holy Thorn of Christ, second, rematado for the figurative of the faith, is chaired by a silver rose.
– Holy Custody: It measures more than three meters high and weighs 300 kilos. It is the work of Juan de Arfe. It has four circular bodies and a smaller matters worse.
15 June 2017: CORPUS CHRISTI PROCESSION
Check Out: 8.30 h.
TRAVEL / ITINERARY :
San Miguel Gate
Plaza de San Francisco
Plaza del Salvador
Argote de Molina street
Plaza de la Virgen de los Reyes
Puerta de Palos.
At the end of the procession, Army squad will honor the Blessed Sacrament in the Plaza de la Virgen de los Reyes
CHAIRS FOR SALE OF CORPUS CHRISTI PROCESSION OF SEVILLE 2017
The General Council of brotherhoods of the City of Sevilla is selling seats to witness the procession of Corpus Christi in Seville 2017. The only price 8 euros per chair, They can reserve from next Monday, 12 June, on phones 675948758 and 666932157 in hours 9.00 horas a 14.00 hours and 17.00 horas a 20.00 hours and remove the time and place indicated below:
Outlets Wednesday 14 June:
Plaza de San Francsico, at the junction with C / Granada
of 9.00 a 14.00 hours
of 17.00 a 20.00 hours
Thursday 15 June, starting at 8,00 hours, the sale of seats will be held in different plots of the route of the procession.
CORPUS CHRISTI ACTIVITIES FOR IN SEVILLA 2017
DANCE OF THE SIX AND EIGHT OF CORPUS: Thursday 16 June to Thursday 22 June (ambos inclusive) to 17.30 h. on the altar of the Cathedral. Access Gates Palos and San Miguel (open from 16.30 h.). Free admission.
WEDNESDAY 14 JUNE:
19:00 h.- Opening of the Cathedral. San Miguel Gate Access:
. Visit to the steps of the procession installed between the Gate of Baptism and San Miguel Gate.
. On Cruise, in front of the altar, “Apparatus” the Solemnity of Corpus Christi.
. Visit the exhibition "José Gestoso footprint in the Cathedral of Seville" with a selection of pieces scattered throughout the Cathedral.
20:00 h.- Interpretation of musical pieces and explanation of the organs of the Cathedral of Seville by the Very Iltre. Sr. D. José Enrique Ayarra Spring, organist canon of the Cathedral.
22:30 h.- Cathedral Close.
THURSDAY 15 JUNE:
7:00 h.- Opening the Door of Forgiveness for access Hermandades
7:30 h.- Opening of the Cathedral (San Miguel doors and snowdrops) the faithful who want to attend the ceremony.
8:00 h.- In the Royal Chapel. Network of Laudes.
8:15 h.- Begins to leave the procession through the Gate of San Miguel.
8:30 h.- Seasonal beginning of Mass at the Altar of the Jubilee, chaired by S.E.R., D. Juan José Asenjo Pelegrina, Archbishop of Sevilla.
10:15 h (approximately).- Six dance.
10:30 h (approximately).- Custody of the Holy output
12:15 h (approximately).- Troop parade and end of the procession.
12:30 h (approximately).- Jubilee at the Altar. Benediction.
End of the ceremony
Departure in the doors of San Miguel and Palos
CORPUS CHRISTI OTHER IN PROCESIONES SEVILLA
SUNDAY 18 JUNE
– 10,00h: Corpus Chico de Triana. From the Parish of Santa Ana. I travel: Plaza of the Sacred Family, Pelay Correa, Passage Bernal Vidal, Rodrigo de Triana, San Jacinto, Place of the Hill, Purity, Vázquez de Leca and Square Holy Family.
– 9,30h: Corpus of the Parish of the Magdalen. I travel: San Pablo, Bailen, San Eloy, San Roque, Rafael Calvo, Museum Square, Miguel Carvajal, Bailen, Pedro del Toro, Gravina, Canalejas, Rafael González Abreu, Our Lady of the Presentation, Christ of Calvary and St. Paul.
– 11,00h: Corpus of San Isidoro.